- Measurement zoomed in at time of interest t0
- User keeps the mouse cursor at t0
- User wants to see the surroundings and zooms out
- If the whole measurement becomes visible, the interface fits the whole measurement to the measurement display area
- The cursor points no longer at t0, user doesn’t know where it is anymore
- Allow for the user to zoom out all the way, then zooming in again without moving the cursor returns to the same location.
I observed that turning off “Animate zooming” in 1.2.18 gives the behavior I’m asking for. This is good, please keep that in your future releases! You might want to implement a separate option “Auto-fit when zoomed out” though, for people who do want to keep the animations.