What is the difference between a preset and a setup if any?

The users guide talks about saving setups but I don’t see that option in the 2.3.9 software. Instead there are saving and loading presets. Are these the same as setups. Also how do you select the folder to save presets in?

@gerry The user guide mentions saving presets in the section here. is this the section you are referring to? Let us know where we refer to saving setups. I’ll probably need to get that updated.

The presets are the same as setups (i.e. saving the capture settings).

There is no way to select a folder, since the setup is saved into the app itself. If you wanted to share your preset, or wanted to archive it, you can export the preset as shown in the link I shared above. Then you can import it again, perhaps on another computer.

The online user guide talks about saving setups here:

Saving Setups

How did you create the hyperlink in your reply? The hyperlink box here doesn’t seem to work that way.

Oh I see, it creates the hyperlink after I hit the reply button.

@gerry Thanks for the link to the old article. Looks like a remnant from the old software that I missed. I’ll get that deleted.

Since we are on the topic: some of us would love presets to be “setup files” and managed through a standard OS file management dialog. I might have mentioned this before? :smiley: