Time Bar Settings

I believe that there is an inconsistency here. On the time bar, right click to set t0 and you get a number of options. One option in “Start of Capture”, from the docs if I use that I would expect the leftmost sample to get a time of 0 and then increase moving to the right. This happens if I set a time marker there and use that as t0. If I select “Start of Capture”, it reverts to the original running time. Now, an important piece of information is that the data I am working with has been “snipped” out of a longer capture by deleting left and right or time markers. So, I think that it actually is doing what is intended but I was wondering if it would be possible to recode the time in this snippet?

@emaynard Thanks for letting us know about this. Just to make sure I understand your request correctly, when trimming the beginning of your capture file (such that time=0s is now missing from the capture file), are you saying that you would prefer that the new trimmed capture mark its new beginning as time=0s?

If so, can you describe your specific application / use case requirements for this? Hope to hear back, and I hope I understood your request correctly!

You nailed it on the head. Recode a new t=0 on trimmed data.

The use case is mostly to simplify documentation. I work in medical devices and your software rending is beautiful so I want to do screen captures for our documentation. Oftentimes we want to show offsets from an “anchor” event. Trimming the data just makes the files smaller and easier for other people to know what they are seeing.

Ed

Ed Maynard, PhD, P.E.​

Senior Electrical Engineer

Zynex Monitoring Solutions

3133 Indian Rd, Boulder, CO 80301, USA

P: (801) 875-3222

F: (800) 495‑6695

emaynard@zynex.com

www.zynexmonitoring.com

NASDAQ: ZYXI

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by law from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

@emaynard Ah that makes a lot of sense! Thanks for describing that.

I’ll get this on my discussion list with the software/product team here.

@emaynard When re-reviewing your forum post here, we ended up finding out that there is a workaround/solution that exists and I wanted to updated you on that!

In order to accomplish this, place a timing marker (which you would like to set as the new t0 point). Afterwards, right click the timing marker and click “Delete Data” > “Before this Marker” to trim off the part of the capture before the timing marker.

Afterwards, right click the timing marker again and select “Set as t0.”

Hopefully this accomplishes what you need!

It does. It’s the work around I’ve been using but it is a bit of a pain to get the marker in just the right place. But your solution does work.

Ed

Ed Maynard, PhD, P.E.​

Senior Electrical Engineer

Zynex Monitoring Solutions

3133 Indian Rd, Boulder, CO 80301, USA

P: (801) 875-3222

F: (800) 495‑6695

emaynard@zynex.com

www.zynexmonitoring.com

NASDAQ: ZYXI

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by law from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.