[BUG?] Error in Automation2 API documentation

Hello,

I think there is an error in the documentation of the Automation2 API…
https://saleae.github.io/logic2-automation/automation.html#saleae.automation.DigitalTriggerCaptureMode

It is stated here, that “trim_data_seconds” refers to the complete data, not just the pre-trigger data… While “after_trigger_seconds” specifically refers to the time after trigger…

When I try to use the settings like this, the result suggests, that the parameter “trim_data_seconds” refers to the pre-trigger time only

with captureBeforeTrigger == 0.1 and captureTimeAfterTrigger == 0.5 leads to this according to the GUI:

Could you please check?
Thanks!

Cheers
Niesl Göran

I agree – I think it could be more clearly worded:

trim_data_seconds: Optional[float] = None

Seconds (maximum) of pre-trim data to keep after the capture has ended (completed). If unspecified, all data will be kept.

vs.:

Seconds of data at end of capture to keep. If unspecified, all data will be kept.

@ngblume @BitBob Thanks for bringing that to our attention! At first glance, and based on the test results you provided, it looks like you’re right. Thanks also for the suggested text update @BitBob.

I’ll get this on our backlog to test and confirm that behavior, and we’ll update our documentation as necessary.