Trigger timeline and pre-trigger trim

Hello,
I’ve noticed that in Logic 2.x (currently using 2.3.11) the time of the trigger is not 0 but whatever time has passed since the start of the listening phase. I personally would prefer to have the trigger at time 0, everything before the trigger as negative time relative to the trigger and everything after the trigger as positive time relative to the trigger, similar to the behavior in Logic 1.x.
What I find a bit irritating how Logic 1.x shows the negative timeline though is the time increments before the trigger. They are positive relative to the last bigger step, in the screenshot for example “+10 µs”, “+20 µs”, etc relative to “-0 s : 0 ms : 100 µs”. I would prefer to have the timeline before the trigger to be “right aligned”. This would make the “+ 10 µs” in the screen shot “-90 µs”, “+20 µs” would be “-80 µs”, etc. I think you get the point. For everthing after the trigger the “left aligned” view is fine.

If you don’t want to change the default settings please make this configurable in the options.

In addition, I would like to show only the data after the trigger, i.e. set the value for “Trim pre-trigger data” to 0. Currently there seems to be a minimum value of 10 ms.

Logic 1.x

Logic 2.x

1 Like

@cg1 Thanks for the feedback with that! We have this on the backlog right now to set the last trigger to be time zero. Here is where we have logged it for now:

I also see what you mean regarding counting backwards (negative) going left from the trigger, and counting forwards (positive) going right from the trigger. I don’t exactly know what we have planned for this, but I’ll mention this to our software team and add a note about it to the ideas forum above. Thanks again for the feature idea!