How to look up in "decoded protocols"

So I have sampled some I2C
Then used the search in “decoded protocols” to look up the setup read from device 0x11
I could click in the search results to display the data.

Then I escaped, in order to see the following data.
Now I see all “decoded protocol” data, and must manually find back to the time of interest?

Is there/I wish there were/ a way to make “decoded protocols” scroll/show the data from the bytes looking at.
Same for making a bookmark, I can make a bookmark, but there is no feature to automatically jump to a nearest item in “decoded protocols”

Do I miss something, or isn’t this functionality there yet ?

Hi Andre, thanks for the feedback. I completely agree with your frustration. This is something we plan to improve in the next version of our software (in Alpha at the moment).

You are correct. When deleting your search text, the decoded data repopulates the search contents, which would have you lose your previously searched item. We will improve this!

Thank you.
Sometimes, one wish the results are as they are now (only matching data displayed)
for instance, when one need to see how often something is happening.
Other times, one needs to see the following byte(s) (match on more than one byte)

Also: when some bookmarks or timing marker pair is placed it would be very neat to see them in the decoded protocol window. (maybe just a colored line, or some list items with different color.)

Your software, is your main advantage, keep up the good job improving it.

Additional feedback about current master (please note my previous post):
This is how I look at one I2C request/command and data reply from slave.
I zoom out to a decent size for the job, but the blue data fields are unreadable even when there are plenty of room around.
When slinking anything in “decoded protocols” , the nice, smooth, animation does also mess with the final zoom level, after a “travel” , zoom level should be the same. - it is perfectly fine to zoom out during travel, as it gives a nice impression of what-is-where, but the end zoom should be preserved.

Also, there are green/red dot’s on I2C data line, the red is not always after a NACK, I failed to find any documentation on the meaning of those.

This is all great feedback for us. Thanks Andre!

“Other times, one needs to see the following byte(s) (match on more than one byte)”
[TR] Searching through decoded protocol results for multiple byte patterns is something we are working on now. We will post an update on discuss.saleae.com once we release this feature.

“Also: when some bookmarks or timing marker pair is placed it would be very neat to see them in the decoded protocol window. (maybe just a colored line, or some list items with different color.)”
[TR] Good idea. I’ll discuss this with our developers

“I zoom out to a decent size for the job, but the blue data fields are unreadable even when there are plenty of room around.”
[TR] We’ve improved this behavior in the latest Alpha software by utilizing more of the blue box. Feel free to try it out below:

“When slinking anything in “decoded protocols” , the nice, smooth, animation does also mess with the final zoom level, after a “travel” , zoom level should be the same.”
[TR] We will discuss this as well. Perhaps we may include an option to preserve/lock zoom levels.

“Also, there are green/red dot’s on I2C data line, the red is not always after a NACK, I failed to find any documentation on the meaning of those.”
[TR] Happy to look into this for you. The red dot should show up when both the SCL and SDA have returned to their idle state. Could you send in a support request for this using the link below? I will provide an upload link for your capture file via email once you send in a support request.
https://contact.saleae.com/hc/en-us/requests/new