How to view Decoded protocols

Decoded
Hi,
Here’s a view from Logic 1, how do I view the same in logic 2 please?
Camerart

@camerart That exact view is not possible, however, you can get close in case your goal is simply to view analyzer results in both Decimal and Hex format.

In short…

• You can cadd 2 SPI analyzers (one set up to display in Hex, and one set up to display in Decimal).
  • Then, you can delete any unneeded columns from the data table and enter “result” in the search bar to filter for results only (removing EN line enable/disable events), which don’t report MISO and MOSI values.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi T,
Thanks, I’ve got this far.
Now I’ve got to figure how to see MOSI, that shows in the waves view. It should show 1-2-3…
If I click on the arrow in SPI view, it moves to that wave view. Is it possible to use the wave view to point to the SPI section also?
C

@camerart To navigate from the waveform to the data table entry, you can refer to the instructions in the support article below, under “Jumping to a Data Table Row from the Waveform.”

Hi T,
I tried hovering but it didn’t go to the table row? I also tried clicking and zooming!
This is a brilliant piece of technology, and I appreciate all of the work put into it, but for my purposes any app should just work, with minimum of forum questions and reading data sheets. This spoils it’s use in my opinion.
I’ll continue to use it as it’s invaluable, but most time Saleae logic 1 is fine.
Thanks.
C.

@camerart Hovering over one of the decoded data boxes above the waveform looks like so, and displays a pop-up with the keyboard shortcut that performs the function.

You’ll need to use that keyboard shortcut to jump to it’s corresponding row on the data table:

• Cmd + click for MacOS
  • Ctrl + click on Win10 / Ubuntu

Hope that helps!

Hi T,
The CTRL shortcut works, thanks.
C

1 Like

Hi,
I’m getting more used to Logic 2 now, thanks.
I am using SPI, but have an extra channl that I would like to see. How can I add one to the data view after MISO if that’s possible?
C

@camerart Can you help further explain your requirement? I wasn’t sure what you meant be having an extra channel, and adding it after MISO. If you can share an image of what you need, and/or your capture file, that might help me understand that a bit better.

@camerart In case you were looking for how to add/remove channels, you can refer to the support article below. The video at the bottom will show you how to re-order channels, in case you needed a specific channel to be located under your MISO signal line. In short, you can drag-and-drop channels and place them in any order you like.

Finally, I noticed that you had channels hidden in your screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 11.46.13 AM

To view those channels, you can right-click anywhere in the software and select Show/Hide channels.
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 11.47.20 AM

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi T,
I’m ok at adding removeing channels, thanks.
I was trying to add a channel see image, controlled by the SPI clock, but I can use the graph screen if this is not available.
Cheers, C.

@camerart Ah, I think I see what you mean. It looks like you want to include the current state (1 or 0) of CH4 in the data table each time a SPI data word is decoded, is that correct? If so, this unfortunately is not possible at the moment.

You could perhaps generate 2 export files and combine them. The process for combining them may be tedious, but it would be possible.

• The 1st export file would be the Data table export containing SPI decoded data
  • The 2nd export file would be a Raw Data Export which contains the timestamps at which CH4 changes states

Hi T,
Ok, I’ll leave it there as it’s not important, I can use the graph screen instead.
Thanks.
C