• Removed delimiters when analyzer display radix is set to ASCII
  • Analyzer results merging algorithm
  • Support disabling/enabling extensions
  • Measurement copy icon and message
  • Match analog and digital channel names

Bug fixes

• Analog lines break when zoomed out
  • Zoom in/out over the trigger line
  • Save capture failures (when saving multiple times)
  • Result type formatting in HLA template
  • Uninstalled extensions re-appear on launch
  • Intermittent crash on shutdown
  • Crash when launching app on Ubuntu 20.04
3 Likes

I2C Analyzer Duration Field

In the I2C Analyzer table, the Stop and Start in the I2C protocol show a duration of 4ns. What duration does the 4ns refer to (see screen capture below)?

Do you plan to bring the read/write bit as a column in the decoded protocol table such as a column that would have ‘R’ or ‘W’ in it? I can pull this out of the address field, but having this separate would be nice.

What is the plan to implement export of the decoded protocol? I keep wanting to select a portion of the table and do a copy and paste into Excel.

Keep up the great work! I using the Alpha as my main tool and haven’t needed to revert back to V1 or a prior Alpha release in a long time.

1 Like

In the I2C Analyzer table, the Stop and Start in the I2C protocol show a duration of 4ns. What duration does the 4ns refer to (see screen capture below)?

The duration is pretty much meaningless in this case (it means that the Start and Stop marker are 1 sample wide).

Do you plan to bring the read/write bit as a column in the decoded protocol table such as a column that would have ‘R’ or ‘W’ in it?

Yes, we need to update the I2C analyzer. You’re also welcome to fix it by opening a PR if you’re interested :slight_smile:
https://github.com/saleae/i2c-analyzer/tree/alpha

What is the plan to implement export of the decoded protocol?

You can export the entire analyzer data by right-clicking on the analyzer. We’re also planning to support exporting filtered results later on (via the data table).

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! We’re glad to hear that :hugs:

Please find some suggestions after debugging an I²C device with the 2.2.15 release.

• To what does this blocking error message correspond? Is a trigger set by default?

• I’m defining the SDA channel for the I²C protocol. The configuration page is misleading as Channel 5 appears in front of SCL.

I would suggest highlighting the variable being set, here the SDA label.

• Trimming the record is a great feature.

However, the trigger mark isn’t listed when it appears on the record. Adding it would be great.

• I like the terminal pane. To what does the PRO label correspond?

Adding a new-line before each write and read would be great for display and copy-paste. Currently, the new-line seems to be added randomly on some frames.

write to 0x48 ack data: 0x00 read to 0x48 ack data: 0x80 0x00
write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0E 0x00 write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0F read to 0x40 ack data: 0x00
write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0F 0x00 write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0F 0x00 write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0F read to 0x40 ack data: 0x00
write to 0x40 ack data: 0xFC read to 0x40 ack data: 0x49 0x54
write to 0x40 ack data: 0xFE read to 0x40 ack data: 0xD0 0x07
write to 0x40 ack data: 0x0F 0x01 0x80
write to 0x00 ackread to 0x40 nak
0xFF

• The left and right arrows on the keyboard no longer move the record.

Thank you!

1 Like

The SMBus analyzer is still broken in v2.2.15 on Windows 10 for Logic Pro 8. No matter which lines I select as SMBDAT and SMBCLK, the following error message is printed:

Please select different inputs for the channels

The problem has already been observed by zainahmed1559 in an earlier Mac OS release:

1 Like

We just released a new version (2.2.16) with a fix :slight_smile: