Logic 2.2.12

Logic 2.2.12 has been announced through Twitter and is available for download.

Great improvements on user interface! Selecting the channels brings now high readability.

Thank you for listening the feed-back!

2 Likes

It took us a bit of time but we promised to fix that :slight_smile:
Thanks for posting it here as well

Have you seen the new analyzer settings dialog? :sunglasses:

Just updated from 2.2.9 to 2.2.12 and I noticed what l think is a small bug with the I2C analyzer. I have my Address Display set to “7-bit, address bits only” which works in the main screen and the terminal but “8-bit, read/write bit included” is being used in the Analyzers display if Terminal is off. Also only displayed in the Analyzers display when Terminal is off is that all the I2C starts and stops are shown as null data with a duration of 0.2 us.

Good catch. There are actually a few bugs in there that we’re working on.

1. The current terminal output for I2C, SPI, and serial is a quick and dirty custom conversion function, that ignores analyzer settings. It just takes the analyzer results, formats them in a fixed way, and displays them. In the terminal, I2C is always in the 7 bit address mode, despite your settings. This is a stop-gap solution and should be replaced.

2. Good catch on table view. We have a few options here and we’ll probably want to discuss internally what the best solution is.
    The problem is that we updated I2C (and serial & SPI) analyzer to produce a new frame output format, for things like the new data table view and the python high level analyzers. That new output format has analyzer-specific fields and gets dumped directly into the data table. There is no formatting pass in between the two. Right now, the I2C analyzer always uses the 8 bit address format with R/W bit present when it creates the new data stream, which is why it’s always included in the table.

We definitely need to fix these inconsistencies! Thanks again for reporting them.

Yes, everything fits now on a single box. No more need to scroll down.

1 Like

I’m smiling all over my face:

HLA

HLA decoding a four port I2C DAC giving application specific units. The same HLA also decodes TUSB422 (USB-C PD chip) traffic and traffic for 16 bit GPIO chips all on the same bus. Extremly useful!

3 Likes

Two things for the TODO list:

1. The larger text console buffer works well, but there is a slight niggle:
    If you manage to overflow the text console, the only way to see the early data in the console is by trimming the sampled data to the start of the .sal file, save thje trimmed data to a new file, and reload said new file in a new window :neutral_face:
    Would it be possible to “reload” the console window when you do the trim, so you don’t need the round-trip out on the disk?

2. In Logic version 1.x, the Async serial analyzer had an autobaud option, but I don’t see a way to enable this in Logic v2 (I even tried a zero baud rate). It would be nice if you could bring that back at some point.

Hi Rani,

The 100% CPU load on Idle still shows up with this latest version (on macOS).
I sent you the Instruments trace by email.

1 Like

Measurements in Hz

I’m back doing measurements from a couple of months ago. We discussed adding a minor improvement to show the frequency in Hz (KhZ or whatever) to the Annotations window instead of a long string of numbers that forces one to pull out the calculator.

There are three places I see this could be done. I’d be happy with one of the three. Is this on the plan to add anytime soon?

1 Like

It’s already implemented in all three places :slight_smile:
Should be released today or on Monday

1 Like

Wow! That was quick!

Thank you!

What do you think?

p.s.
Currently, we always show the values with precision of 1ns. However, it depends on the sample rate and we’d like to take that into account in the future

I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Is M0 the measurement for the data between 0A and 0B? If so, which channel is using – all of them? I’m interested in one channel at a time, or a selectable channel, not all at once.

Will this work on analog signals? It would be nice if the dynamic pop-up measurement on the analog signal would show frequency as shown on the screen shot I sent. Since it already has the delta X, it should be easy to add the frequency. Is that in the works?

Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought that you were talking about the format of the timings. Sorry about that.

All you wanted is just that we’ll convert the time to frequency, right?

Yes, that is correct!

1 Like

It’d be possible soon as a very simple measurement extension. Sorry about the delay, we’re mainly focused on performance and high-level analyzers at the moment.