Type-C Interface

Is there a work in progress to update the Saleae interface to USB-C?

3 Likes

@asok Good question! We’re currently brainstorming ideas around this, but nothing confirmed yet.

Aside from the connector (which in my opinion is worth the price of admission) it doesn’t seem there is much immediate advantage and there is a significant immediate disadvantage: most current computers have just 1 USB-C port and there are no USB-C hubs with multiple downstream USB-C ports.

A great promise of USB-C is up to 100W power over the cable so the logic analyzer would be free of any current power based constraints for its design. But that presupposes that the port you connect to can supply the needed power. And that goes back to the USB-C hub issue - multiple port USB-C hubs with 100W per port are going to be unusual and expensive. I know, because that is at the heart of a system I am currently working on.

2 Likes

just got a surface pro which only has usb-c ports … is there a recommended cable to buy ?
Thanks

@g7wbd Thanks for writing in! We recommend the following USB-C cable which we sell on our accessories store:

Any update on this?

I’m kinda on the line about ordering, as most of my recent purchasing decisions are based on decluttering and removing microUSB from my life.

Type-C ftw.

@danedwards33 We are in fact working on next-gen hardware! You can take a sneak peek look at our work on it below, however, we don’t have any more details or official news to share on it just yet.

@timreyes Hi, any updates on USB-C interface hardware? Micro-B 3.0 is the only thing stopping me from buying the 16-channel version :confused:

@diablo1281 Thanks for checking in! Our latest update on this topic is via my previous post above back in September, however, we don’t have any further news to share just yet.