Time per division

How can I set the time per division of the waveform display to a specific value?
For example, I would like time between the vertical lines on the display to be 500 ns, 600 ns, or whatever I want it to be.
I have Logic 2, version 2.3.31, and capture with a Logic 8.

@bruce.p.clemens Thanks for bringing this up. The way we do this now is quite unintuitive. You are able to set the exact time scale measured in time per 100-pixels as explained in the user guide section below:

This definitely needs an overhaul, and we should allow you to set the time scale in a more intuitive way, such as per the vertical lines as you mentioned. We’ll review this for future iterations of our software, and sorry for the trouble with this in the meantime.

Interesting, in all the time I’ve been using Logic2 I hadn’t noticed the very dark gray on black vertical lines. Maybe it’s related to the contrast settings on my monitor, but those line sure ain’t intrusive!

A quick look didn’t turn up any way to lighten the vertical time lines - have I missed something?

@P.Jaquiery Nope, you did not miss anything. We don’t have a way of lightening the vertical time lines without increasing the contrast some other external way (e.g. via monitor settings).

One way we’re thinking of solving this is via customizable theme settings like below:

We do receive feedback from time to time that the contrast could be improved in our app. It’s a bit of a balance act we’re playing right now (non-intrusive vs being too intrusive). I’ll bring this up with our team here.

Hi, TimReyes. Thanks for the info. I can control the time per division adequately now.

Here’s a related question/request: I notice that the reticles also move with the waveform as I scroll left and right. In fact, I would prefer that the reticles have the ability to be fixed in position as the waveform is scrolled to the left or right. In that way, I can line up a rising or falling edge with a reticle. In combination with an appropriate time per division setting, that will give me the ability to read bit values easily straight off of the screen.

Finally, I tried your newest version, 2.3.32. I found that when I tried to set the “time per division” value, “logic” would frequently just present an empty black screen. I had to go back to 2.3.21.

@bruce.p.clemens

About the app crashing when you tried to set the time, we released a fix for that just today! Sorry about that. Download link below:
https://www.saleae.com/downloads/

As for your feedback on the reticles/lines moving with the waveform, can you let me know your workflow a little bit more and how you would plan to use the static lines in more detail? Would timing markers help make any kind of measurements you would make?

This would be quite a big departure with how we handle panning data right now, but I’m happy to review this with the team!