Linux automation

Hi, on Linux app I’m not able to see the options to start the server for automation. Maybe is there a command line start for the server? Like ./Logic-2.3.31-master.AppImage -disablepopups -socket ?

Thanks.

@jesussalinas Sorry for the trouble with that. Unfortunately, the automation API is not supported in Logic 2.x. At the moment, it is only supported on our older Logic 1.x software as described below:

Having automation supported in Logic 2.x is one of our bigger goals, and is a highly requested feature. We’re tracking the request below and I added a comment for you as well so we can track your need.

Apologies again that this is not yet available on Logic 2.x!

1 Like

Thanks Tim! This helped me

+1 on adding this, especially since v. 1 no longer works on my freshly updated Fedora 35 because it seems to depend on SSL1.0:

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_num_locks
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve CRYPTO_set_id_callback

I tried doing
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.2o ./Logic
but it didn’t help. Maybe libssl would have to be stuck into the sqhashfs?

Thanks for getting your vote in! We highlighted some solutions below for getting Logic 1.x working on Fedora 26 and 27 (back when they were new). Have you had a chance to run through this article, as well as check which versions of OpenSSL are available on your PC?

Strangely, changing the directory to Logic 1.2.29 and linking /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10 to libssl.so in that directory, and running ./Logic from there does work, even though explicit LD_PRELOAD did not work.

Glad to hear you got that working. The LD_PRELOAD method was something a few users mentioned to work for them on various versions of Fedora, but we haven’t tested it ourselves.