Create HLA to plot analog graphs

Hi,

I’d like to create a custom extension+hla to convert data from say an UART or I2C log to something that is visualised the same way as the analog channels would do.

I might have missed this in the docs, but if it doesn’t exist, I’d really like to see this feature:

• HLA option to show as analog waveform
  • simple config to define the scale etc
  • bonus being able to inject markers on the fly

thanks david

@janny-bb Thanks for sending in these ideas. Your message comes at a great time! Although we don’t have support for all of the features that you noted, we’ve recently expanded the capabilities of the Measurement API with a focus on Analog channels. This API is a preview-release, and you can test it out in 2.3.49 which we released yesterday. Here are the download links for it below:

• HLA option to show as analog waveform

We’re tracking this feature request in the idea post below. I got a comment and vote add for you!

• simple config to define the scale etc

Can you let me know what exactly you mean by this? Do you mean you’d like to control the visual analog scale via an extension? Or did you want to set it via an input value from within the GUI? If it’s the latter, we’re tracking the feature request below:

• bonus being able to inject markers on the fly

This is the feature we just added in 2.3.49 above. Feel free to try it out and let us know your feedback!

thanks tim! looking forward to item 1