[BUG] Not all settings are visible with stored capture

Small, but rather annoying bug in the Logic2 software…

When using “Trigger” mode for the acquisition and viewing the stored capture, under “Devices”, one is not able to open the “Other channel conditions” section (marked red) with the message “This is a read-only session”.
While it is a read-only session, viewing that info is essential to know what trigger conditions were set (just like what channel was triggered on and with what pattern, which is visible (marked green)…

Cheers
Niels Göran

Hello,

my bad…
If any channels were set either to HIGH or LOW under “Other channel conditions”, the section can be opened…
I just assumed, that that section can be opened (identicial to during operation), even if no special condition is selected for any other channel, than the one used for triggering with a specific transition…

Cheers
Niels Göran

Hej hej,

and once more… maybe I don’ t see it…
With the next capture, I was not able to expand that section, if if there is one condition there…
I get the feeling, that the one time, I could see the info, was, when I was accidently looking at the love settings, that were identical…

Conclusion (so far): bug exists…

Sorry for the confusion…

Cheers
Niels Göran

Anyone from Saleae??
Any confimation of the issue or non-confirmation ??

Cheers
Niels Göran

@ngblume Sorry for the late reply! We had some folks out of office during the past week.

Ouch… this is absolutely a bug (quite an embarrassing one), and I was able to reproduce this on my end. I’ll ping the rest of the team about this and we’ll see if we can get this prioritized for the next release of the software.

Hello @timreyes,

thank you for your reply…

No worries…

Good, that you were able to reproduce the issue…
Hope to get it fixed soon…

Thanks !

Cheers
Niels Göran

Hello,

any ETA on the bug fix?

Thanks !

Cheers
Niels Göran

@ngblume I unfortunately haven’t received confirmation yet as to whether or not this fix will be implemented in the next release. As such, we don’t have an ETA to share with you at the moment.

Sorry for the long delay with this. I was just about to writeup a long explanation about how the capture control UI is actually in a big state of flux, but I realized it would be faster to fix the issue with the current UI.

This is fixed internally and will be in the next SW release.

Unfortunately, we are in the middle of a big project (the same project we’ve been working on all year) and I don’t have a good estimate for the next SW release, which is long overdue!

In the meantime, there is a workaround. if you open a new tab, and expand that section of the sidebar, then change back to the tab of the loaded file, that section will be expanded.

Hey @markgarrison,

thanks for the feedback and the workaround…
Will give it try soon and hopefully, the issue is, at least for now, circumvented…

Cheers
Niels Göran