I would love to hear from you! Any feedback is helpful – please reply to this thread or start a new one!
- Electron! (no more Chrome)
- Severed all ties with the old codebase
- Crash reporting
- Considerable re-architecture under the hood.
- Timing Markers
Protocol analyzers did not make the cut - more issues were uncovered. Also, Save/Load didn’t make it in - barely.
There is a known USB problem causing captures to ‘abort’ when lots of bandwidth is used. Mark’s working on that.
Rani & Anthony will have Analyzers ready in a few more days, maybe a week. There’s also about ~10 high priority issues in work.
There also a lot of pending UI updates, including improving the colors that will make it in shortly.
Low expectations please: This alpha is rough, unstable, and lacks crucial functionality.
Note: It is our goal to have the alpha software stable enough to use for real work by
J̶u̶l̶y̶ ̶1̶ August 1.
Join the Alpha Users Mailing List to be notified about the next release!
Coming up - 90+% done
- Protocol analyzers
- High priority issue fixes
Planned for this Quarter (Q3)
- Analyzer Search
- Analyzer Sequence Search
- Analyzer Results Export
- Improved capture configuration UI/UX
- Proper settings persistence
- Context-sensitive help
- Proper shortcuts
- Delete channels
- Trim capture
- Wall-clock time display
- analog/digital proper alignment
- Analog channel v2
- App performance metrics
- Sidebar resize and collapse
- Digital Scope-View
- Scope-View v2
- Performance improvements
- Comprehensive USB reliability testing (internal)
- Art updates / polish