Here is the first release posted in the new forum!
(note, I’ve removed links to the previously posted version, it was a bit of a weird interim version)
Join the Alpha Users Mailing List to be notified about the next release.
What is ~ready for feedback:
- The main menu (most items are disabled)
- The capture settings flyout
- The timing display (topmost bar)
- Pan and zoom
- Shift analog waveform vertically (SPACEBAR + click & drag)
- Zoom analog waveform vertically (CTRL + vertical scroll)
- Analog measurements (right-click for more)
Product Manager Commentary
Known Product Issues
This is our internal list. I admit it’s not very useful dumped here like. Will try to improve in the future.
- Capture settings flyout may need a close “X”; perhaps should cover the top bar as well.
- The values shown in the voltage (vertical scale) are not readable enough
- The lines are too thin, and the lines should be prettier. Analog Rendering
- The saleae logo should be white / look better
- There should be a visible way to close the capture-settings flyout (art)
- The capture-settings flyout should not cover the timing bar; it should top-align with the Start button
- Preferences flyout should not use save/cancel to dismiss.
- LED color is not sufficiently discoverable.
- The design of the Preferences->Devices could use another pass.
- Edits to Dialog in UIKit
- The application should not have rounded edges draw inside the browser.
- Opening a dropdown on the capture flyout should not close the flyout.
- Selected items can not be drag/dropped
- The current dropdown selection should not shift its position when dropdown is clicked.
- The text-edit control should not have extra spacing at the end.
- The graph-intersect circles should render on top of the measurement arrows.
- The “X” close button should have the same mouseover behavior as normal buttons.
- Links to Docz and Moc App should open in new tab
- If frost is not available, then panel transparency should not be used.
- Don’t allow channel button text to be selected
- Correct alignment of capture-settings controls
- When no channels (Digital or Analog) are selected on the capture settings flyout, associated dropdowns should be disabled.
- Device items in preferences should always lay out correctly regardless of window width.
- The channel label “grabber” should never display the vertical resizer
- (6) All in-use components should update to the latest art.
- Drop-down widths should be driven by their largest contents.
- (2) Switch to the new Tab design.
- (2) Two-finger-horizontal-pan should still work when the pointer is directly between channels.
- The measurement text should have a frost/blur in a rounded rectangle shape around it…
-  When dragging channels, the waveform should continue to display normally.
- The scope view flyout should not close after starting a capture.
- Bug in numerical timing display
- The space bar should never cause a scroll-down behavior
- Scope view cleanup
- Right-click should not ever invoke the web browser menu
- Enabling 16 Analog channels crashes the app
- There should not be a perceptible delay between toggling a channel and that reflecting in the App.
- Captures (w Pro 16 connected) causes a crash every now and then
- (1) The device connection status should be displayed in the header
- (1) Resizing the channel should automatically scale the viewstate in proportion.
- (3) Preferences should just update settings as you go.
- Trigger-Line: The y-position of the line should be instantaneously snapped to the mouse y position.
- (2) Resizing the HTML window should result in buttery-smooth re-renders, and any gaps should be the application’s bg color.
- [renderer] when in stats mode, a constant value will render 0px height lines Analog Rendering
- (1) The capture side-panel should remain open until all the backlog is processed to 100%
- (1) The maximum vertical-zoom-out should be limited to 50% greater than the actual maximum signal the channel can ever experience. [mark or ben]
- If enlarging the application results in a data-gap on the right side of the graphs, the zoom should update to correct (animated)
- The MacOS pinch-zoom should be ~x5 less sensitive and not animate. Should be 1:1. [PENDING ELECTRON]