Alpha 11

At the moment on my desk, I have a setup that is very common for my workflow: the Saleae debugger attached to some pins of a dev board and on other pins I have an FTDI-3v3 serial cable. When beginning a piece of software I find it really easy/fast to implement a simplified command line interface for controlling the processor.
If I could magically turn any 2 of the Saleae pins into RX an TX (& maybe optional RTS, CST) and route them to a terminal, that would be AMAZING because I could then debug and control the processor at the same time, and without disconnecting and reconnecting the wires. Plus one less cable on my desk :slight_smile:

At present I have the FTDI serial port connected to CoolTerm (https://freeware.the-meiers.org) because it has 2 great features: a View Hex button, and the ability to setup non-standard baud rates easily with an baudrates.ini text file.

Interesting, thanks!
We’re planning on making the terminal interactive and pretty similar to the native terminal.
One thing we can’t do at the moment is to transmit commands through the Logic device. Hopefully, in the next hardware version :crossed_fingers:

What I would like to be able to do is to create regions with the markers and then have those regions indicated in the protocol decoding area on the right panel. Also if the regions were able to be named and exported along with the decoded data stream that would be even better.

Would it help if you could’ve clicked on the result on the graph (a “bubble”) and it’ll be immediately visible on the sidebar?

It’s more that I want to be able to annotate the sections of the decoded protocol.

I see. Thanks for the explanation!
We’re planning to add an option mark a section of a single channel.

Would it be possible to allow multiple arbitrary regions to be highlighted / labeled on multiple channels? It would be incredibly useful for more complex traces. Currently I basically mark down times in a notepad and write the description there… but it would be way more useful to be able to visualize it, especially if the regions could be coloured too.

I believe so. We’ll have detailed design in a couple of weeks.
Thanks again for the feedback!

Mark- oh, sweet! Yeah, I think that I did do that (set them backwards) and then try to fix them. Cool!

Sorry, this is a duplicate - I posted the first one in the wrong spot.

When I have a capture running for a few seconds then it triggers, it seems to put the center of the screen somewhere where the trigger wasn’t. It would be nice to center the screen where the trigger was, or the same spot after the trigger that it was before when the capture was started. I find myself having to zoom all the way out to find the trigger point, and then to the data that is a few ms long.

The second comment is about the decoded protocols window. I have a very nice list of I2C transactions I’d like to export to Excel (csv). I cannot find how to do that. I found how to export the channel data, but it says there is too much data for Excel (and everything else from what I can tell). Even if i could copy and paste the transactions from the window, that would be fine (actually better than an export in my case).