[2.3.39] Bug: Can't delete measurements with backspace/delete

1. I press Ctrl+G and drag to select a measurement region. It shows up.
  2. (The region is already selected, so no need to click on it again.)
  3. I press backspace to delete the measurement region. Nothing happens.

In order to delete the measurement, i need to open up measurements on the right side panel, right click it, and hit “Delete Selected”. Despite there being a backspace hotkey shown on the menu, pressing backspace doesn’t do anything here either.

This worked fine on 2.3.36. I didn’t try other versions.

Sorry about this! We should have a fix for this most likely in the next release.

So this is somewhat fixed. You have to click the region and then hit backspace. If you just create the region with Ctrl+G and then hit backspace, nothing happens, even though the region is active. I think because the focus and cursor moves to the “Comment here” box.

If you click on something else, you need to click on the region twice (double click also helps, but zooms as well) before you can delete with a hotkey.

@kostka Thanks for reporting this. That’s strange - I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. Can you let me know which version of the software you are running? If you’re running the latest (v2.3.45) and you’re still seeing the issue, can you let me know the exact steps you take to reproduce it, as well as your OS?

@kostka I think we found the bug you’re referring to. We’ll get this fixed!

• Ctrl+G > Click and hold (drag) to draw a measurement rectangle > Release mouse button to place the rectangle > Press Backspace > Selection Rectangle fails to get deleted (focus and cursor is on comment box).

• Shift + Click and hold (drag) to draw a measurement rectangle > Release mouse button to place the rectangle > Press Backspace > Selection Rectangle fails to get deleted (focus and cursor is on comment box).