Bug fixes

• Store last column width on resize
  • Fix session migration when disconnecting a device
  • Use up-to-date analyzer color in terminal
  • Zoom in around the center when using the manual zoom editor
  • Another fix for non-English Windows computers

Data table search is back!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the data table search! I really love how the software is shaping.
I have two suggestions:

1. About the new data table search. Could you make the search not case sensitive? For example if I try to search for “Reset” and type in “RESET”, it doesn’t find anything.
    In my opinion there would be no disadvantages.

2. If I open a saved capture via the windows explorer and I already have your Logic software opened it opens up a new Logic software instead of a new session.
    Wouldn’t it make more sense to just open a new session if you open a saved capture?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick feedback!

I agree with both of your suggestions. We’ll fix that :slight_smile:

Quick update:

For example if I try to search for “Reset” and type in “RESET”

It’s pretty easy for string outputs, however, it gets more tricky for byte arrays. We don’t want to create inconsistency (i.e. supporting only string outputs), therefore, we’ll have to put it on hold. Sorry about that

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just open a new session if you open a saved capture?

Which OS are you using?

It’s pretty easy for string outputs, however, it gets more tricky for byte arrays. We don’t want to create inconsistency (i.e. supporting only string outputs), therefore, we’ll have to put it hold. Sorry about that

That’s a bummer but definietly not game breaking. Thank you for your detailed explanation

Which OS are you using?

I’m using Windows 10 2004 with your Logic 2.2.18.

1 Like

I’d like to mention that still every time I start Logic2, even this newest version, it starts more than maximized. The edge of the program is off the right of the screen. I have to drag the app around to get it un-maximized then remaximize it to make it fit the screen properly. It’s still not that annoying, I can live with it but I wonder why this happens.

Which Linux distro are you using?
We haven’t seen any issues on Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 (or Mac and Windows).

Sorry about that…

Are there any plans for a scripting api?
I used the python wrapped socket api with Logic 1.2.18/1.2.19

Yes, but no timeline yet. How would you like to use the API? To control the GUI or to export data?

In the meantime, you can vote for it here:
https://ideas.saleae.com/b/feature-requests/application-api

It’s Kubuntu 20.04. If you haven’t had anyone else report this then it might just be a problem with my machine. I’ve upgraded from 18.04 to 19.10 to 20.04 and some other stuff is messed up. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and reinstall.

1 Like

Not sure if this should be in a new thread but I apologize if it should.

For the last couple of releases I have had tons of crashing on my work laptop (windows) with my Logic Pro 16. I can very consistently get it to crash just by having 3 digital and 1 analog channel running. After about 10 seconds it will crash, turn on the red LED, and give me a ReadTimeout error. This also happens sometimes when I just have 4 digital channels running at full speed.

This does not however happen on my personal laptop (MacBook) with the same configuration and type C cable.I tried wiggling the USB cable on both ends and that’s not the issue. I’m wondering what I can do to help resolve this issue.

This happens when analyzing 2 UARTs, 2 plain digitals, and an analog channel at all of their max speeds.

Hardware:
Logic Pro 16
Work Laptop: Dell Precision 7530 w/ 6 core i7 and 48gb of ram
Macbook: Pro 16 inch w/ 8 core i9 and 32gb of ram

If you are capturing without any analyzers, do you still see the issue occur? Has anything about your setup changed - in particular, using a different USB port?

It happens with or without analyzers. One of the times I tested it the memory buffer filled to 4GB when there were no digital transitions.

I just gave it another shot and used a USB A port on the laptop instead of the type C and it seems to be working fine. This is weird though because usb C on my MacBook works fine.

Maybe its a driver issue on the thunderbolt/type C port on the precision laptop? The type C ports on this laptop seem to not follow many of the type C standards so that wouldn’t surprise me. Weirdly enough the official Dell dock uses 2 type C ports at once to charge the laptop @ 200W so I might just have to decide they’re weird and deal with it.

Edit: I can actually get it to consistently fail within 20s on type C and it doesn’t fail on the type A port.

One of the times I tested it the memory buffer filled to 4GB when there were no digital transitions.

To make sure I understand - using USB-C on your Dell laptop, it was successfully passing the 20s mark when recording data with no digital transitions? But when recording data with transitions, you start to see it fail around 20s?

Do you have any other devices connected to your USB-C port?

Maybe its a driver issue on the thunderbolt/type C port on the precision laptop?

Definitely possible, we’ve seen that sort of thing in the past.

Would you be able to send your machine info over? You can get it from the devices window:

1. Click “Logic Pro 16” in the upper left
  2. In the window that pops up, you can click the (?) in the bottom left to copy your machine info

If you can send that to me directly that would help me dig in a little further.

Thanks!

Ryan

using USB-C on your Dell laptop, it was successfully passing the 20s mark when recording data with no digital transitions? But when recording data with transitions, you start to see it fail around 20s?

Ah sorry about being unclear here. Transitions or no transitions did not make a difference in the crashing. I just noticed on this particular run there were no transitions and the memory buffer was still filling for some reason even though there were no analog channels enabled.

There’s a chance that I am running an older version of the BIOS on my laptop, I might give that a shot at this point. I avoided doing it until now because I am WFH and any IT troubles would not be fun.

Edit on this: I am running all the latest BIOS, thunderbolt driver, and thunderbolt controller firmware.

Nothing else is plugged into that USB C port. No hubs or anything. I have an LG Ultrafine 4k plugged into the other type C port.

Another edit on 6/3: I noted that the issue does not come up when the digital signals are sampling @ 250MS/s instead of 500MS/s. This is fine for now but not ideal on other projects.

I would like to control the GUI and export data. That was what i did with the old version.
But i would not even need the GUI because it is running in a CI pipeline on a server without GUI. So I basically would use it to control the Logic and save the data.

1 Like

Cool, thanks :slight_smile: