Utilities for .sal files

Hi,
sorry for my late reply.

In my case we have connected the saleae-device to an automized industry-machine, because we would like to acquire more data from then machine than it is provided currently by the hardware of the supplier (Digital and Analog Signals). Currently we can start and stop a sequence only manually. We have many succeeding processes and they are all stored one after each other. So we need to seperate the data into these blocks in our later analysis. In details we need a more detailed analysis in order to do statistical analysis of these individual processes.

My wishlist for Saleae:

• Auto-Record: bring the device into a mode where it auto-triggers and saves (block by block)
  • Generic interface for the file output: we use a software from cern (root.cern.ch) to do a statistical data analysis. Would be really great to attach an indivual file-output (you could provide a DLL containing the byte-conversion stuff and the user can implement his own methods, similar to the user code in the analysers )
  • It would be really great if one could use the output from the analyzers in the output, too
  • A simple method to tag the data (there are tons of data existing process by process, it is very complex to merge the existing data and the new data from saleae device (I have no straight solution for this, I’m thinking of a uuid which might be serialized in one signal, or a uuid-string that is being received in another way
  • For the future an official adapter board would be great. Using voltage divider, or a more sufisticated board might provide active amplifiers and/or methods differential signal analysis
  • A bit a side-topic: The ability to use virtual channels in the Logic-Software. E.g. we have a quadrature-signal (AB) from a distance sensor and would like to visualize it as analog signal.

Oh your question. We are doing roughly 50000 processes (each ~1-2s) per day (6.25MS/s digital, 1.25kS/s analog). Currently we are only storing on demand (for debugging) some sequences of 10min in total.

1st priority wish: Provide a DLL with the file-IO, so that I can load a sal-file and access it channel-by channel for digtal and analog. (Similar to what you are doing for the analysers). I can also offer my help here!

Georg

1 Like