Thank you very much for 2.2.12

This version could not have come more timely. I used it at work today to troubleshoot a critical problem. The Async serial analyzer works great, so keep up the good work. I am delighted with this equipment. Please release the SDK and it will be perfect.

2 Likes

Awesome!
We’d love to hear more about how Logic 2 helped with troubleshooting that problem :slight_smile:

We had a issue between two devices communicating via UART. One master mostly sending, and a slave device mostly receiving. The master device sends a message to the slave to reboot, and then waits for a boot message. Once in a while the master device UART reports a framing errors, and a partially garbled boot message. The pattern leading to the error is as follows,

• The master sends a message to the slave to reboot
  • Some time during the reboot, the UART lines oscillate
  • The slave takes about 30 seconds to boot, initialize its UART and then sends its boot message. Occasionally, the UART line oscillate during the reboot, which confuses the master device.
  • The master eventually sees a partial boot message, but also reports UART framing errors (some of the boot message is also garbled).
    Now, in our lab we have very expensive Logic Analyzers and Scopes I could leverage to investigate this problem, but this equipment has more knobs and controls than the space shuttle. With your solution, observing what is happening is child play. Just record the TX/RX for a minute on LA and analog lines, capture for a minute, and enable the UART protocol decoder. The results is a clear. I see the reboots message, followed 10 seconds later with the oscillations, and then 30 seconds after that, the boot message. The tool even shows me the period of the oscillation, which was traced to circuitry on the slave., It also decodes everything it can , and shows the results in table form.

It is not good for high frequency troubleshooting, but works quite well for lower speed communication (UART, SPI, I2C, GPIOs, …).

One possible criticism might be the UI not following the traditional UI guidelines (no menus, traditional key bindings, and so on). But that seems to be a trend these days, so is nothing to really dwell on. The UI feels iPad like, which is unusual for test equipment software.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m glad to hear that our device made your debugging process a child play :slight_smile:
Are there any features that would make that process even easier?

The UI feels iPad like, which is unusual for test equipment software.

We’ll take that as a compliment…