I have been using the original Logic for quite a while (been very happy), and recently, I switched laptops, and it did not work at all (Windows 10 with a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon, i5-8250U). I am getting the error message Read Timeout, as described here:
Error Message: ReadTimeout - Saleae Support
Essentially, it does not go beyond 4MS/s.
Now, I did try a few things, like switching USB ports, upping power management policies, trying betas of 1.x and 2.x, etc., and while I first suspected issues with the USB controller, I now tend to think the problem is related to scheduling/power management. I noticed, if I artificially keep Windows running in a high-power state (i.e. at max CPU frequency, and some other hacks), it does work flawlessly at 24MS/s. Now, I took a look at the Saleae application, and I can see that there are a few threads spinning up upon tracing, but what is strange is that the threads seem to have the base priority. I am not sure if you guys are doing something fancy to keep the worker threads responsive, but at least from what I can see here there are running at base priority with a small dynamic bump.
Just in case you have not done this, you should raise the worker thread priority, perhaps even to time-critical. As you need to quickly respond to data (even if 24MB/s seems nothing to a modern PC), you may want to try to “warm-up” the worker thread by running a small busy loop for a few ms, to kick it out of the idle state.
If you need a guinea pig, I would be willing to try a few things.