Post-Recording Glitch Filtering

Hi all,

we encountered some really critical problem.
We have a couple of Logic-Pro-16s around and where recording traces from several QSPI experiments over the past months by using this awesome Python automation API.
It is super nice!
So, please imagine that at this point there are Terabytes of logic traces captured under different scenarios.

As the decoding of QSPI is not officially supported by you, we are using this six year old solution, which still works like a charm!

However, we have now some issues with glitches. The decoder does not decode correctly, when there exist glitches on chip-select or data lines.

Post-Recording (read only session) glitch-filtering is not supported.
Exporting to CSV, filtering the glitches and importing the filtered data to Logic2 is also not supported.

What are our options?
Please keep in mind that I can’t turn back time yet.

Best regards,
Marvin

So one solution I came up with is to modify the binary data, just remove every delta timestamp which is below a given threshold.

However, it seems that even your binary format changed recently, did it?
I was trying with python sources from your website:

Doesn’t work.

Just to be sure I also parsed it with 010Editor.
Here is a parsed V0-header on what appears to be a V1 binary file:

Please provide information on how to parse your binary data format, Version-1.

Best regards

Can you modify the analyzer to provide glitch filtering on the clock edges? Only the clock should need to be cleaned up and having that processing in the analyzer probably doesn’t add very much processing time. It also avoids processing the data multiple times with multiple tools.

Thanks for the reply.

So Yesterday I was trying to parse binary data until I realized that the format you’re defining is not the format of the .sal but of the exported .bin.
After realizing that I found that some people were already trying to parse .sal as .bin before.
You could, e.g., put a box on the website or something that this is just for exported .bin which cannot be imported, once exported.

What you mentioned was the second thing also I had in mind.
Thank you, I will do that today.

Best regards,

1 Like

@sass Sorry for the limitations with our glitch filter. The ability to apply a glitch filter as a post-capture function, rather than a pre-capture configuration, is something that we’ve wanted to add and that other users have requested for as well. In the Logic 2 software, we took a simpler approach by applying it as a pre-capture filter, and that came with some downsides (i.e. not being able to support your use case, which I’m sure is common).

We’re tracking this feature request below, but sadly haven’t been able to prioritize it since it was first requested.

Additionally, we’re tracking another feature request for importing external files into the Logic software.

I added a comment for you in both feature request posts above so we can track your need for these features.

By the way, I apologize for the initial confusion caused by the support article below. I added a new clarifying note at the top of that article that mentions that the binary export format described pertains to the binary files exported via the “Raw Data Export” function.

We don’t officially maintain documentation on the .sal file format, but we’ve loosely described it below, with a disclaimer that we expect it to change over time.