Logic 2.3.2

Download Links

Windows - Linux - MacOS

What’s New

• Show and Hide channels (via right-click menu)
  • Big red warning when capturing without any connected device
  • Show and Hide data table columns (via right-click menu on the header)
  • Added high level analyzer support to the 1-Wire analyzer. documentation
  • Improved data table support for Manchester, 1-Wire, CAN, LIN, Parallel, and Async RGB LED analyzers.
  • High Level Analyzer results are now shown in the data table

Improvements

• Nested context menu for instantaneous measurements
  • Show High and Low markers on digital channels
  • Expand digital graph height when measurements are disabled (no gutters)

Bug fixes

• Improved logging for application hangups
  • Fix infinite loop problem with High Level Analyzers on MacOS
  • Fix bug where High Level Analyzers display strings would not properly format on first use
1 Like

Yay for the H/L markers! They seem trivial, but when it comes to figuring out if the interrupt line is stuck high or low (that can be important to know) the markers make it instantly unambiguous.

1 Like

One thing I’ve been wishing for is the ability to shrink the left hand channel name column down to just wide enough to see all of the labels I’ve given. Like you can do in Excel basically.

3 Likes

@Brian same here! In fact I may even have suggested that in the past. Screen real estate is like gold dust!

@Brian @P.Jaquiery that should be easy. Maybe I’ll have some time to build it this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Data Table Improvements

I’m really liking the improvements to the data table. I’m using it for I2C and it is really getting there. A couple of suggestions to improve usability.

The “READ” column reads “true” and “false” It looks like a “false” read is a write. Couldn’t the column be named “Operation” and the entry “Read” or “Write”? That seems much clearer.

It would also be nice if the table address decoding tracked what I have setup in the Analyzer. In the case below, I have the Analyzer setup for 8 bits, ignore the R/W LSB. The trace label correctly displays 0x0A. The table shows Address 50. I should have to do left shifts in my head. The table should also show 0x0A.

1 Like

I’m really liking the improvements to the data table.

The “READ” column reads “true” and “false” It looks like a “false” read is a write. Couldn’t the column be named “Operation” and the entry “Read” or “Write”? That seems much clearer.

You’re right, it is clearer. The downside is that we’ll break the API for HLAs that use I2C. We’ll have to think about it a bit more…

It would also be nice if the table address decoding tracked what I have setup in the Analyzer

I agree! This feature is on our roadmap, though we don’t have a timeline yet.

There is a whole bunch of details I’ve reported earlier that haven’t been addressed yet in release 2.3.2. I’ve numbered the questions for easier management.

Thank you!

3 Likes

And one more thing’

• Q8 Research with multiple characters or sequence –eg. two bytes for I²C or SPI.

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

@rani You’re welcome! Good luck with the official release!