Check out the Saleae Logic 2 Extension Marketplace!
Read more about the Marketplace on the Saleae blog!
- Added a “reset to default” button to the presets manager
- When saving HLA settings, restart the analyzer if there was a change
- Updated the terminal library to the latest
- Reset analog zoom & pan settings when changing between different device types
- HLA error message now makes it clear when not subclassing HighLevelAnalyzer
- Fixed serious crash for Logic 4 users
- Handle loading a file with missing extensions
- Handle loading a file with disabled extensions
- Detect graphic cards that don’t supported webGL
- Fixed terminal hangup when writing too many characters at once from HLAs
- (Hopefully) fixed error related to missing device IDs
- Fixed bug where sometimes extension installs would fail on the first attempt
- Fixed bug where changing between the original Logic and a new device could break the analog display
- Improved reporting and handling of internal errors after system sleep/resume
Here are some ideas for the Marketplace
- Curate the list with recommended extensions.
Have a look at the implementation of the Visual Studio Code marketplace. Atom list is confused and ultimately
- Provide tags to group the extensions.
For example, the protocol the extension relies on (
SPI). Also, categories or collections like in the Visual Studio Code marketplace.
- Allow users to rate the extensions.
The Visual Studio Code marketplace and the Node-RED library have implemented users’ rating.
- Provide clear information about licensing.
Apart for open source, some developers may want to charge for an extension. Is the marketplace ready for that option?
- Explain what the
PRO label means!
Please add an option to search for consecutive bytes , mabe like this:
Also, the link to documentation does not work (do not open browser, at least not on Linux)
same goes for the “blog-link” in release notes, and links like “repository” and “report” in extensions.
Any ideas on how to open “.bin” (former .logicdata) capture files ?
I just did a capture on this new version and I see the file on the file system, but when it comes time to open it, I guess its being filtered out
Hey @gabriel.sallum, welcome to our forum!
Are you trying to open the capture back in the app?
YES! it does not even display the file it just created.
its a new extension *.bin (I just upgraded to this newer version from the older style application)
I think that you exported the capture instead of saving it. You can only load a saved capture, and we should be more clear about it
Can you try saving the capture?
yeah somehow I did something and its gone.
it was a pretty long (~30G) capture… would be nice to have a idiot check before wiping data off…
anyways I’ve restarted again. Duly noted regarding the save vs export.
Anyways, love how I can click to scroll feature…
Sorry about that
We’ll make sure that it’s clear!
love how I can click to scroll feature…
Thanks, but click where exactly?
when using a data analyzer, there is an option to control+click a certain value (in blue above the digital signal) to go to that point on the analyzer data tab…
“click to scroll to data row”
I don’t know if you noticed but it was a bit buggy on 2.3.1 (jumping around a bit). We just released a fix on 2.3.2
Thanks for the feedback!
no I didn’t notice.
I jumped to .2 already
BTW, when starting the application on Fedora , it gave me a gnarly error and it didn’t start,
reading the NODE trace I noticed it was trying to load a library
After I’ve installed that it worked fine.
should be more obvious…
other than that looks great!
Thanks for letting us know, we’ll look into this.
Unfortunately, it’s really hard to support all Linux distros and to make sure that the app runs smoothly on them…
I get it! but it would be pretty simple to add a message regarding a missing lib rather than crawling the app traces, and the having some sort of idea what the top 1 or 2 distros need to run would be nice, its not like Fedora (redhat) is an obscure distro…
Hi @gabriel.sallum - What version of Fedora are you using? I can try reproducing the issue on my end. Thanks!
Hi, I’m on 29 (slightly old, I know)