Logic 2.2.9

I am running into glitches in my recordings such as the following:

You ca see the analog has a little noise and this is causing small 8ns glitches on the digital side. I have my voltage set to 1.8V. What is the trigger voltage for the digital IO? can it be adjusted?

The threshold when in the 1.8V mode is about 0.9V. It’s not adjustable past the 3 selections in the IO voltage dropdown. In 1.2V mode, it’s 0.6V, and in 3.3V+ mode it’s 1.65V.

I recommend enabling the glitch filter, it’s near the bottom of the capture settings. 8ns glitches are probably just a few samples wide, depending on your sample rate.

Edit: You should also try physically separating the affected wires as much as possible, and consider connecting additional ground wires near the digital signal source.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re talking about the issue where the shift button starts placing a measurement, right?
Should be easy to fix.

Oh, you’re talking about the issue where the shift button starts placing a measurement, right?

Yes I guess so. It could apply to other features if any: any meta char such as ⌘ (command), ⇧ (shift), ⌥ (alt), or ⌃ (control) should not on its own do something, i.e. without a combination with one or more regular key.

Thanks.

I agree, we’ll probably change that keyboard shortcut

@markgarrison
That appears to have helped (I shortened and separated all my wires, add glitch filtering and grounds to all signals (before I only had one ground connected)

Thank you.
-Chris

2 Likes

Hi Rani,

Any update to the macOS screen capture shortcut clash with Logic2. I wanted to take a screenshot of my click & mouse over (cursor) info, aka Duty Cycle Frequency etc text displayed in Logic2, but in macOS the screen capture keystroke, Shift-Command-4 , which usually gives a crosshair cursor with which you select the windows grab, confuses Logic2 and Logic2 removes the mouse over info, meaning I can’t quickly grab the info and annotate the screenshot later.
I’m running macOS Catalina, 10.14.5 & Logic 2.3.2
Many thanks
Mike

Hey Mike, welcome to our forum! :slight_smile:
There is partial fix - If you first click Cmd and then Shift it won’t show the measurement cursor. However, we need to fix it properly, by using replacing the keyboard shortcut for taking a measurement.

Thanks for the welcome Rani,

No problem, it’s the Shift key that triggers the measurement disappearing, but I guess you can’t just remap the keystroke or make the view window stay persistent? It’s a nuisance not a deal breaker, I just so pleased to see some decent software and a nice looking app, that can analyse my stuff on macOS, as it’s pretty thin on the ground.

I love your boxes too, but I’ve only got a Logic 4, and using it for hobby car electronics. :slight_smile:

PS It’d be nice (on macOS) if the Help wasn’t tied to the Logic 2 window, and could float outside this within the desktop space. Sometimes it’s a good idea to drag the help away from the program window. Just my 2¢ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess you can’t just remap the keystroke or make the view window stay persistent

What do you mean?

I just so pleased to see some decent software and a nice looking app

Thanks. I’m happy to hear that. We love getting feedback from hobbyists, many of them are the reason Joe and Mark started the company. btw, we also offer discounts on Logic 8 for hobbyists if you’re interested :slight_smile:

It’d be nice (on macOS) if the Help wasn’t tied to the Logic 2 window, and could float outside this within the desktop space

That’s a good point, though it’s not very easy to implement, unfortunately. I’m assuming that you’re mainly referring to the keyboard shortcuts window, am I right?

Thanks!

Hi again, I mean that your UI implementation holds its state, doesn’t refresh or update, but when you work with macOS you have certain guidelines re zooming, etc and certain commands are reserved for the OS operations. I use CAD software that struggles with UI logic, and it’s just a workflow thing. I used to be a designer years ago, so it was just something I noticed. Not being critical, they are just 2¢ comments. I was used to “sowing seeds” professionally, to get ideas to germinate, and I naturally ask questions.

I’ve only been using the Logic 4 an hour or so, and did try Logic with my neighbours early 8, but that was not the best UI to be honest, and oddly frustrating. I was really pleased when I saw Logic 2, and the info is really clear. :smiley:

Cheers

1 Like

Rani, maybe this is useful…

so in theory I can create a shortcut workaround myself. :slight_smile:

maybe a better way to explain “persistence” if I use Parallels ini a Windows environment on macOS I can release the cursor, and it can do make ops outside the application, and the window doesn’t change, until I cursor again… sorry if I’ve confused you further.

Confused but happy to learn :slight_smile:
Do you mean that if you release the Shift key before you started placing the measurement, it should not persist?

Rani, I’ve done a workaround, I have changed the macOS keyboard screenshot for all apps to
Option (Alt) Command 4 from the default in macOS.

As I don’t use the Shift key in the keystroke anymore outside Logic 2, the measurements or text isn’t lost in Logic 2, and I can grab a screenshot like this in macOS.

OK, not perfect, and you need to remap your keystrokes :wink: …but it allows me to do stuff. :sweat_smile:
Thank you for your replies.
Mike

1 Like

Rani, it is using the Shift that clashes, what would happen if you used the Space bar instead for Logic 2 to create the measurement point aka the red vertical line, and hold down the space bar to drag the measurement bar with the mouse/cursor/trackpad finger? That might be better long term, as it’s an easy area to hit if you are an operator… just my 2¢ again :slight_smile:

Edit: Anyway, just used the measurement facility… wow that’s nice too. Liking this software bud, and there no noise on it like the PicoScope I have either, the white on black works well too.

1 Like