Export multiple analyser results to single file?

I’d like to second this request. We have stand-alone tools that process v1 binary files and find it cumbersome to have to merge several files to perform more complex analyses (for example, analyzing both I2C and SPI sequences at the same time). The v1 software had everything in the same file, which is easy to decode and process… Out of curiosity, why was this changed?

Also, while on the subject of exporting v2 data:

1. Why was the option to only save samples when data changes removed from the CSV options? This was very handy and helped reduce the size of the CSV files exported.
  2. When exporting the data, why not name the files according to the user’s assignments (For example, if I change the name of the channels in the GUI, why are the filenames still Digital_1, Digital_2, etc…?)
  3. It really would be nice if v2 software could import v1 logictraces… We have a lot of validation data that has been captured using Saleae devices, and have to keep both versions of the software available just so we can continue consulting them… Really?

There have certainly been a lot of improvements in the performance of the new software (Bravo for all that!), but it seems that there have also been many “breaking changes” that significantly alter the way the use interacts with the application… In some case, I find the changes are not really for the better and have made things a bit more complicated.

Still a big fan!!

Thanks for listening…
Steve