[Automation API] Analyzer Trigger View

Hello,

quick question (since I can’t seem to find anything regarding this in the docs):

Is it currently (Logic2 v2.4.14) possible to configure a protocol trigger via the Automation API?

Thanks!

Cheers
Niels Göran

Anyone from Saleae a quick yes or no??
Even if it is an experimental feature to just try without any guarantees…?

Cheers
Niels Göran

@ngblume Sorry for the late reply! We had some folks out of office during the past week.

To quickly answer your question, this is unfortunately not supported by our Automation API at the moment. The available list of Automation API functions can be found below for reference.
https://saleae.github.io/logic2-automation/automation.html

Having said that, we’re currently tracking feature requests on our ideas site below.
https://ideas.saleae.com/b/feature-requests/

We’ve got a list of Automation API feature requests on there, but we’re currently not tracking any requests to get protocol triggering supported via our Automation API. Feel free to post a new request along with details of your use case and we can start gathering interest in it before we commit it to the roadmap. I’d be happy to post on your behalf as well if you can provide more information on your use case for this feature.

Hello @timreyes,

thank you for your reply!

I added a feature request:

I think the use-case is straight-forward:
Since the Logic Pro 16 relies so havily on its software, any feature in the Logic2 software, is something I want to remote control for automated testin gof embedded devices.
It is as simple as that…
Since there is the logic for protocol triggers, I would use them, but therefore they need to be able to be remote controlled.

Cheers
Niels Göran

@ngblume Thanks for getting that posted! In your feature request post, I provided a link back to this forum post here so we can quickly reference back to this if needed.

Hej hej,

thanks, looks good…
Let’s hope that this gets implemented fast…

Cheers
Niels

P.S.: any way to mark this thread as closed? Or even solved, even though that would not be technically correct…

@ngblume Sure thing, I’m happy to help with that. I’ll proceed with closing this topic per your request.