Analyser for quadrature encoder

@wolfgang.kopp

I figured out you could infer the rising/falling edge by including the ENCA as a data line in the Simple Parallel LLA setup, and using Dual edge rather than Rising edge for clock state:
:

With this configuration, I believe you can get an X1 or X2 (but not X4) decoder,.

Here’s the beginning of your waveform (t = 0 / trigger: initial incrementing of position):

Starting to decrement (t = [170 - 180] ms):

Going negative (t = ~248 ms):

Note: not sure why zero value (‘0’) didn’t show up in the HLA bubble text (HLA display bug?), as it was in the position data – see Data table view:

Here are some likely ‘noise’ / oscillations in the rotational movement (while changing direction):

I am assuming that motor is rotating back & forth across the ‘ENCA’ or ‘ENCB’ edges here?

Finally, a quick XY chart of position export in Excel:

[Edit] … and, XY chart of scaled_position with Scale_Factor = 2 (to emulate X4 behavior):

So, is this more of what you were looking for (other than it cannot do X4, as that would require an LLA)?

Note: For my latest draft, I also modified to use D0 = ENCA and D1 = ENCB (was D0 = ENCB and D1 = ENCA), as that might be more ‘natural’ for new users that hadn’t setup anything before (screenshots above used original mapping):