SPMI analyzer

Hi,

I want to analyze SPMI protocol but I think Logic 8 doesn’t support this.

Is there any way to get extention or analyze SPMI protocol?

Somebody please help me!!

@msp2464 Thanks for writing in. We unfortunately don’t have official support for an SPMI protocol anlayzer. However, there may be a few options available for you in case a member of our community is unable to share their solution.

1. You can create a custom low level analyzer (LLA) using our protocol analyzer SDK below.
    Protocol Analyzer SDK - Saleae Support

2. At first glance, SPMI data looks like it can be decoded at a low level using our pre-installed SPI analyzer. Afterwards, you can create a python high level analyzer (HLA) that sits on top of the SPI analyzer to provide additional decoding specific to the SPMI protocol. More information on high level analyzers and creating them can be found in the link below:
    Software Extensions - Saleae Support

If you happen to have a capture file (in .sal file format) with the SPMI data that you’d like to decode, feel free to upload that here and I can take a look if our pre-installed SPI analyzer can perform low level decoding on it.

Thank you for supporting.

As you mentioned, If SPI analyzer can perform decoding on it, It would be very helpful for me.

I will upload the capture file as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Uploading: Session 0.sal…

I’d like to share the file, but there’s some error.

I don’t know why it is. I can’t upload it.

So, I have some questions.
In SPI protocol, there are four inputs like MOSI, MISO, Clock, Enable.

Otherwise, SPMI has only two inputs like SPMI_CLK and Date.

How do you decode it by SPI analyzer?

And what is different between LLA and HLA?

Please let me know.

@msp2464 Sorry about the upload issue! I generated an upload link that you can use below:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/NY9vj6Qb9wBR2BMx7IBY

To answer your questions below:

You can set it up as follows using our SPI analyzer:

• Clock → SPMI_CLK
  • MOSI → Data
  • MISO → leave blank
  • Enable → leave blank

A low level analyzer (LLA) performs the first pass decoding of raw digital data from a digital channel. Our pre-installed analyzers are LLAs, such as our Async Serial analyzer, SPI analyzer, and I2C analyzer.

A high level analyzer (HLA) is a “2nd layer” analyzer that sits on top of an LLA to provide additional decoding. HLAs are written in Python. In your use case, if the SPI analyzer works to decode your data, you can create a Python HLA that performs further decoding that might be specific to the SPMI protocol. More information on high level analyzers and creating them can be found in the link below:
Software Extensions - Saleae Support