Modifying the SPI analyzer

Hi, I was hoping to get some input on the feasibility of making a certain customization to the SPI analyzer before I even try to set up the toolchain etc.

My problem is that I have some traffic that looks like this:

spibus

The big chunk at the end does not contain any data that is relevant to me right now, but the SPI analyzer still tries to parse it and spends several minutes doing so (the last transaction is 16 seconds long). I was thinking I could modify it to skip ahead to the end when it detects a certain command that signifies the start of this procedure.

From skimming the code at spi-analyzer/SpiAnalyzer.cpp at master · saleae/spi-analyzer · GitHub it seems like this can be achieved by adding a check to SpiAnalyzer::GetWord(), where, if the magic command is detected, we run mEnable->AdvanceToNextEdge(). Does this seems like it could work?

@jonathan.gjertsen Your strategy below sounds good. This would essentially skip the processing of all the SPI data within that CS HIGH period.

it seems like this can be achieved by adding a check to SpiAnalyzer::GetWord(), where, if the magic command is detected, we run mEnable->AdvanceToNextEdge().

I’ll also double check this with the software team just to be sure, and in case I missed an important point.

In case you need something working right away as an alternate solution (perhaps before you jump into writing code), you can also trim the surrounding unneeded data.