Logic 2.2.11

Hi, I’m impressed with 2.2 version. Thank you!

The only issue I have is that I can’t hide channels on my very old Logic 8.

Logic 8
Debian 10

Just a quick note, today I tried 2.2.11 freshly upon booting up linux and it worked fine. It appears what happened to me yesterday is that one of the program versions got stuck or something and didn’t properly let go of the Logic8. Maybe 1.2.29 had a glitch. I don’t know but starting it up and using just 2.2.11 works fine.

1 Like

Thanks!

We don’t support that at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:
You can vote for this feature request if you’d like here:
https://ideas.saleae.com/b/feature-requests/option-to-hide-channels-after-recording/

I can actually hide/unhide or “select” channels from Capture Settings -> Digital while on demo. But once I connect the Logic8 I can’t no longer select channels or use the “All” “None” buttons.

The capture settings has to be in sync with the device itself at the moment, and Logic8 does not support turning on and off channels (you can only hide them).
We’ll add an option to hide in the future. In the meantime, you can reorder the channels and move the ones that you use to the top. The app will keep that order on new capture or when you reload it.
I hope that it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is great to see support for a 5+ years old LA, or for any product nowadays.

1 Like

Well I just installed 2.2.11 on win7-64 and I get a standard Windows tool window with a minimize, maximize and close gadget as well as the standard menu that includes close but absolutely nothing else. It this install dependent on a previous install?

Using Ubuntu 20.04 (new LTS version, still beta), can’t start the Alpha (this version 2.2.11, or the older 2.2.9):
/tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL ~/bin
~/bin
Environment
Executable path: /tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL/Logic
Executable directory: /tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL
Original working directory: /home/grobben/bin
Current working directory: /tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL
Python Home: /tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL/resources/linux/pythonlibs
/home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs/graphio-2020-04-17–15-08-49.log
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123406:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::file_name: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs/graphio-2020-04-17–15-08-49.log [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:150: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123406:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::file_name: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs/graphio-2020-04-17–15-08-49.log [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:150: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123741:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::target_file_name: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs/graphio-2020-04-17–15-08-49–%5N.log [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:151: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123741:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::target_file_name: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs/graphio-2020-04-17–15-08-49–%5N.log [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:151: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123765:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::target: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:152: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
2020-04-17 15:08:49.123765:[0x00007fb2ab6b6200]: boost::log::keywords::target: /home/grobben/.config/Logic/logs [ /home/vsts/work/1/s/core/saleae_base/src/saleae_log.cpp:152: void Saleae::SetLogFileName(const char*) ]
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
what(): ImportError(‘libffi.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory’)
File “/tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL/resources/linux/pythonlibs/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/init.py”, line 142, in
from . import core
File “/tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL/resources/linux/pythonlibs/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/init.py”, line 106, in
from . import _dtype_ctypes
File “/tmp/.mount_Logic-dasveL/resources/linux/pythonlibs/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/core/_dtype_ctypes.py”, line 25, in
import _ctypes

Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: {“response”:“ok”,"_rxid":"9b000000-b
Aborted (core dumped)

Checked the availability of libffi on the Ubuntu packages: only libffi7, not version 6. Please advice, I loved the high level analyzer on my old Ubuntu installation…

Checked the latest Beta of Logic 1: is still running, but no High Level analyzer…

Hi Max, sounds like an error occurred during application launch.
Is this this first time you’ve installed the alpha software on this computer? If not, try deleting the old app data files, located here: %APPDATA%/Logic, usually C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\roaming\Logic, I think.

The alpha software does not depend on any previously installed software. The windows installer installs the SW, our drivers, and the Microsoft visual studio runtime which our application depends on.

The fact that the window is loading at all probably means a bug in our app, not an install problem.

Could you try running the application from a console and sending us any console output?

I think that’s done with:
cd c:\Program Files\Logic
Logic.exe > c:\Users\YourUsername\Desktop\Logiclog.txt
Try running that, and then send us the Logiclog.txt file from your desktop (if it’s not empty) as well as any output you see in the terminal, if any.
Lastly, check for log files in this directory, and send them our way if you find any:
%APPDATA%\Logic\Logic\Logs

Sorry about that @Herwin, we’re tracking the problem. Our plan is to switch to a different build of the python redistributable we need that statically links more libraries, to avoid this problem. Currently affects Ubuntu 20+ and MacOS 10.14 and older, for similar reasons.

In the meantime, it might be possible to install that missing library version, but unfortunately I don’t have an easy way to set that up and test a solution.

@rani
I can confirm not being able to keep up when the glitch filter is enabled. I had to drop from 125 MS/s to 100 MS/s to use it with out backlog.

Also another question: How do I adjust the threshold per channel. I am probing some things that are 1.8V and 3.3V now and it looks like these settings are global?

1 Like

We reproduced it locally as well :slightly_frowning_face:
We’ll fix it, thanks for lettings us know!

How do I adjust the threshold per channel.

You can’t at the moment. The voltage threshold is global (similar to Logic 1 btw). Would you like to add that to the feature requests page?

Done.
https://saleae.upvoty.com/b/feature-requests/adjust-voltage-thresholds-per-channel

1 Like

I just updated to 20.04. If you update and you forbid it to delete the “unneeded” packages then the libffi6 library will stay installed and Logic still works fine. So, it’s OK to use 20.04 but only if you upgrade, not a fresh install.

I’ve done that, but the update killed my 2 monitor setup for working@home… So I reinstalled from scratch. But with your comment: I copied the libffi.so.6 (and the file it references to) from my work PC (for reference, from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/), which still is 18.04. Now the software starts. Did a quick check if the device records signals, and it does. Thanks for the hint!