Logic 1.29 crash when connecting device

Trying to run Logic 1.29 in a new computer and it seems I am affected by the crash mentioned here:

Is there any workaround to perform protocol search on legacy saved files? Or the only way is to disconnect the device?

Oh no! You’re right about 1.2.40 no longer supporting the protocol search panel.

In the Logic 1.x Download link below, if you scroll down a bit, you’ll run across a section called “Temporary Releases”, where you’ll see download links for 1.2.35 for Windows and 1.2.33 for MacOS, which implements a fix for the crash, and may still work while a Logic device is connected.

Thanks Tim.

Btw, I think you might want to update that web page to make that clear, because it is really not. Quoting that page:

We released a temporary fix for processor incompatibilies mentioned in the support article below. The fixes have been implemented in v1.2.40, so these versions have become obsolete and unneeded.

Clearly 1.2.35 might be obsolete but certainly not unneeded.

@George Thanks for the feedback! I made an update to the page just now.

Temporary Releases
We released a temporary fix for processor incompatibilies mentioned in the support article below. The fixes have been implemented in v1.2.40, however, you may still need to use the temporary release versions mentioned below (v1.2.35 for Windows and v1.2.33 for MacOS) if you require using the Decoded Protocols Panel, which is not included in v1.2.40 due to technical issues.

1 Like