Keep getting framing errors, no matter the combination!

Ht1621BData.sal (1.1 MB)

I have been trying to decode an HT1621B lcd controller for a while now and have these signals. The problem is that I can not seem to decode/ reduce the number of framing errors that I receive, making it impossible to even start deciphering. I have tried changing the baud rate from 9600 to 115200 and while there are changes, nothing is “clean”, I have tried changing the parity, stop bit, mode, inverted it, etc. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Setting it to inverted and to 32000 baud rate is giving me less framing errors but still gibberish

Does the data sheet at https://www.holtek.com/productdetail/-/vg/ht1621 help?

A quick look at the data sheet shows RD and WR clock lines being used to clock data out of / in to the controller. This would most likely require a low level analyzer to decode the data.

I’ve had the data sheet and everything for a while but, since I’m new to this, I’m not the best at interpreting it all. What type of analyzer would you recommend? I went cheap since I did not know what to get at first and got this. Forgive me for any ignorance lol

With a Saleae logic analyzer (hardware) and Logic 2 (software) it is possible to write low level software plug ins called “Low level analyzers” which run within Logic 2. They take the raw signals from the hardware analyzer and and decode it according to whatever protocol they are designed to work with.

To create a LLA you need to write some C++. Details may be found at Protocol Analyzer SDK - Saleae Support.

You will need to read and understand the documentation for the HT1621B. If you currently haven’t the skills to understand the data sheet you will need much more detailed support than is appropriate for this forum.

I appreciate it, I’ve been trying to learn but it’s difficult when you don’t know anyone who knows this stuff.