Hardware trigger question

I am considering a Logic Pro (8 or 16).

Am I correct that advanced triggers are done on the PC such that I can’t set up a hardware trigger on, say a SPI write to a certain address followed by a later read from another?

Can these kinds of things be configured in software? What about filtering on decoded events?

If advanced hardware triggers are not implemented, might they be in a future firmware update?

Thanks.

@casterle Good questions!

Am I correct that advanced triggers are done on the PC such that I can’t set up a hardware trigger on, say a SPI write to a certain address followed by a later read from another?

Right now, we have implemented a feature called “Trigger View” which will continuously trigger on a matching protocol analyzer query. You can view a video of the feature below:

This mode of trigger is a “continuous trigger” via live view rather than a “one-shot”, though you might still be able to utilize it if you are simply looking for a specific SPI message.

Can these kinds of things be configured in software? What about filtering on decoded events?

You might be able to utilize the Trigger View above to filter on a single query event, but you wouldn’t be able to trigger on multiple events simultaneously.

If advanced hardware triggers are not implemented, might they be in a future firmware update?

We’re certainly looking to add more advanced triggering, but this is not yet confirmed. If you have any specific needs for advanced triggering that we don’t already cover with the continuous trigger feature above, let me know!