Can't export table

When I click on the triple dots next to the search block, and hover over “Export Table,” I get a pop up that it will be available when all analyzers have competed.

They are all long since done - is there a workaround?

@todd.krein This is a known bug at the moment. Sorry about that! I’ll have this added to our backlog to get fixed.

In the meantime, would you happen to have a capture file (.sal format) that you can share with us that can reproduce the issue? It seems that it only occurs with certain captures (I’m suspecting it has to do with capture length). We have one over here the reproduces the issue fairly quickly, but the more we have, the better.

@timreyes - is there a way to back off to a former version of the code that does not exhibit this bug? Or after update will the bugs of the latest version (in this case 2.3.39) always exist no matter what is installed (egs 2.3.38). I tried to back off all the way to 2.3.35 and kept seeing this bug. I’m asking because this now blocks a process that we were using the Saleae for and we don’t have a work around.

@dave.bohmann I’m looking into this now. Quite surprisingly, I reverted back to 2.3.24 and still see the issue too… I’ll follow up again with any workarounds we can come up with.

@dave.bohmann It looks like trimming the capture at certain parts may allow you to export the data table. For one of our capture files here, we trimming the trailing end of the capture and that seemed to solve it. I don’t have conclusive evidence yet on what capture pattern you’d need to trim out.

This bug only seems to affect I2C captures (though other analyzers may also be affected that we don’t know about).

Feel free to send me your capture file and we can give it a shot. If you’d like to keep your capture file private, you can attach it using the link below. In the description, provide a link to this discuss forum post so I’ll know it’s you.
https://contact.saleae.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@dave.bohmann Another possible workaround — would exporting individual analyzer results work out for you in the meantime? This seems to still function properly.

@timreyes - Thanks for looking into this!

First off - I am analyzing a SPI capture so it seems to happen there as well.

Thanks for the suggestions:

1. I tried the “delete portions of the capture” but that did not seem to work
  2. I will give the individual analyzer results a try. This will not work if they don’t include the decoding

Another thing I’ve found out is that members of our team are using all kinds of versions with no difficulty (2.3.36, 2.3.29, and even 2.3.39) without issue, Windows, SPI, same driver. That’s a real head scratcher.

I will keep trying if anything develops on your end please let me know and thanks again!

@dave.bohmann

Another thing I’ve found out is that members of our team are using all kinds of versions with no difficulty (2.3.36, 2.3.29, and even 2.3.39) without issue, Windows, SPI, same driver. That’s a real head scratcher.

Oh wow… note taken. I’ll keep you updated.

1. I will give the individual analyzer results a try. This will not work if they don’t include the decoding

The data will be decoded, but the formatting will be slightly different from the file generated via “Export Data Table.”

@dave.bohmann One other observation we’ve found that solves this issue is via the following steps:

1. Trim somewhere at the end of the capture, but not trimming at the beginning or middle. I can’t specify where exactly at the end, but you may need to play around with it a bit.

2. Make sure to restart the anlayzer after trimming. The export option will not be available until you do this. Instructions below:
    Analyzers - Saleae Support

Based on the end pattern of a captured signal, it seems to get our analyzers in some “stuck” state. This is on our top priority list to fix right now.

@timreyes I got around to taking that capture, please look out for it.

I tried the approach of trimming at the end from your last post. Didn’t work straight away, but I’ll keep trying.

Left on my end to try:

1. I still need to give the individual analyzer a try and see what the effects of the different formatting are

Appreciate you devoting the time to find work arounds and looking into it. Some of my other co-workers do not see this issue so they can make progress. Leads me to believe this might be a revision of hardware? Just a thought. I can post specifics of my instance in hardware if you tell me what you’re looking for.

@dave.bohmann Thanks for sending that over. I can confirm that I’ve received it. With regards to investigating your capture file, we can continue our discussion via email to keep its contents confidential.

Quick update for anyone following this thread — we were able to fix the capture by deleting part of the end of the capture. We’ll have a fix released soon!

Great news, thanks!